Coaching Terms and Conditions
This contract between the Coach and the Coaching Counterpart provides the personal commitment of each party towards the success of the coaching encounter.
In agreeing to a coaching relationship, the Coach and Coaching Counterpart understand that coaching:
· May address specific projects, work performance, skill levels, and general conditions in the Coaching Counterpart’s profession or life as they impact on workplace performance.
· Requires a co-active, collaborative approach. In the coaching relationship, the Coach plays the role of a facilitator of change, and it is the Coaching Counterpart’s responsibility to enact change and implement actions that have been agreed to between sessions.
Throughout the working relationship the Coach will:
- Engage in direct and personal conversations either face-to-face or by telephone, as jointly agreed between the parties
- Determine with the Coaching Counterpart the most useful and desired outcomes
- Apply contemporary organizational coaching practices within the coaching relationship
- Provide a safe, yet challenging learning environment for the Coaching Counterpart to promote exploration and discovery
- Take a holistic, integral approach to coaching, partnering with the organization to ensure all required support is provided to the Coaching Counterpart
- Seek feedback from the Coaching Counterpart and review coaching outcomes achieved against the goals set
Throughout the working relationship the Coaching Counterpart will:
- With the Coach, set the interim activities to be carried out between coaching sessions and action these between sessions in order to obtain the full benefit from this coaching
- Demonstrate a willingness to be actively involved and committed to coaching
- Participate with an open mind and a readiness to move forward
- Come prepared and on-time to all coaching sessions with interim activities completed
- Give permission to the Coach to challenge and confront thinking, behaviors and feelings during the coaching sessions in support of development goals.
Ethics and Confidentiality
- Any specific information discussed or issues raised during the course of coaching will be on a strictly confidential basis
- That confidentiality may be compromised in the case of illegal activity, pursuant to a valid court order or subpoena, or in the case of imminent or likely risk of danger to self or others
- The Coach will work within the professional ethics guidelines designated by the International Coaching Federation.
Timing and Cancellations
- For individual coaching sessions, a minimum of 48 hours notice is requires for cancellation, otherwise the full coaching fee will be incurred
- A session that is cancelled three times consecutively is forfeited
- All sessions must be completed within the time-frame specified for the coaching engagement